Why use Water Traps?
Water traps supplied by IPS are:
- Easy to use
The water trap comprises of a round tube like container with a central hub onto which the pheromone cage is fitted. Each trap comes with a cage to place a pheromone dispenser into and a round tub to hold the water.
Water traps are often used for mass trapping pests such as the tomato leaf miner (Tuta absoluta) and the potato tuber moth (Phthorimaea operculella).
Instructions for Assembling Water Trap
(1) Place the pheromone dispenser inside the cage, and close with cap.
(2) Insect the cage into the central column.
(3) Fill the water trap with water.
(4) Add some cooking oil, soap or propylene glycol (if available) to break the surface tension of the water and helps drown trapped moths.
(5) Check and replenish the traps on a regular basis, at least twice a week.
(6) We recommend replacing the pheromone dispensers every 4 weeks to achieve optimum results.