(International Pheromone McPhail Trap)
Why use Liquibaitor Traps?
Often referred to as the International Pheromone McPhail Trap (IPMT) in scientific literature, IPS Liquibaitor traps are plastic modified McPhail traps made from weather-proof polyethylene, designed to be used with attractive lures for monitoring and mass trapping foraging wasps (Vespula species) and fruit flies such as the Mediteranean Fruit fly (Ceratitis capitata), Melon Fruit Fly (Bactrocera cucurbitae), Oriental Fruit Fly (Bactrocera dorsalis), Olive Fruit Fly (Bactrocera oleae) and Cherry Fruit Fly (Rhagoletis cerasi) fruit flies.
The traps are durable and can be used for several seasons. It consists of two main components: an inverted yellow funnel base and a clear top (containing the cage for an attractive solid dispenser).
Instructions for Assembling Unitrap
(1) Insert solid pheromone or attractant lure into the cage, which hangs inside the trap. One DDVP (Dichlorvos) killing strip can be used to kill the trapped insects. If the use of DDVP strip is not permitted in your country, water can be used instead.
(2) Propylene glycol should be added to water to slow down evaporation.
(3) If using a liquid attractant such as our Wasp and Fly lure, Torula yeast or Protein hydrolysate, pour in approximately 250ml of attractant into the yellow base. It is important to clean up any attractant spilled onto the outside of the trap as this will affect the trap efficacy.
(4) Secure the interlocking top with the inverted funnel base.
(5) Feed the hanging cords over the lid and hang the trap accordingly.
(6) Check the trap on a regularly basis and replenish the liquid when necessary.